The data contained in this website is intended for general reference only and is meant for viewers in India only. It may refer to pharmaceutical products, diagnostic techniques, therapeutics or indications not yet registered or approved in a given country and it should be noted that, over time, accuracy and completeness of the data may change. For updated information, please contact the Company. This data should not be used to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease without the professional advice of a Registered Medical Practitioner, and does not replace medical advice or a thorough medical examination. Registered Medical Practitioners should use their independent professional judgement in checking the symptoms, diagnosing & suggesting the appropriate line of treatment for patients. Merck is not in any way influencing, propagating or inducing anyone to buy or use Merck products. Merck accepts no liability for any loss, damage or compensation claims in connection with any act or omission by anyone based on information contained in or derived through use of this website. Duplication of or copying any data requires prior permission of the copyright holder.
1. What role does Vitamin E has to play in Skin?
Vitamin E helps in keeping skin soft and moisturized.(1)
2. Can the use of Vitamin E lead to a decrease in wrinkles?
Topical (external) Vitamin E may decrease wrinkles in the skin.(2)
3. Can the use of Vitamin E help us in protecting skin from UV induced signs of sun burn?
Yes, topical use of Vitamin E can offer protection from Ultra Violet induced damage of inflammation as sunburn and tanning.(2)
4. What are the product benefits of combination of Vitamin E and aloe-vera?
• Unique blend of vitamins and aloe vera that hydrates, moisturises and softens the skin.
• Vitamin E helps to protect against damage of Ultra Violet rays.
• Vitamin E acts as a humectant. (3)
• Aloe vera helps in slowing down the appearance of wrinkles and actively repair the damaged skin cells that causes visible signs of aging
• Aloe vera also helps in softening of skin(5)
5. Which skin type should use Vitamin E and aloe-vera combination Cream as Evion?
Evion cream could be better suited for individuals with dry skin.
6. What is the role of antioxidants in the skin?
Vitamin E is a good antioxidant. Oxidants are harmful substances that can damage the skin due to various reasons one of them is ultraviolet rays induced damage due to excessive sun exposure. Antioxidants can reduce the damage caused by oxidants. The function of Vitamin E when applied externally is to contribute to the antioxidant defense of the skin. This is because of its tendency to absorb UV light in the solar spectrum region that is responsible for most of the harmful effects of the sun. (1)
7. What is the role of aloe-vera for skin?
Aloe vera gel softens skin. Aloe vera gel has also been reported to have a protective effect against radiation damage to the skin (4) It is also known to help slow down the appearance of wrinkles and actively repair the damaged skin cells that cause the visible signs of aging 5
Singhal et al, “Cosmeceuticals for the Skin: An Overview”, Asian J Pharm Clin Res, Vol 4, Issue 2: 2011; 16
Burke K.E, “Interaction of vitamins C and E as better cosmeceuticals” Dermatologic Therapy, Vol. 20, 2007, 314–321
Jody P. Ebanks , R. Randall Wickett and Raymond E. Boissy “Mechanisms Regulating Skin Pigmentation: The Rise and Fall of Complexion Coloration, International Journal .of Molecular . Sciences. 2009; 10: 4066-4087
Surjushe A et al Aloe Vear: A short Review, Indian Dermatol 2008; 53:163-6.
Rajeshwari R. Aloe vera: The Miracle Plant Its Medicinal and Traditional Uses in India Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry 2012 Vol. 1 No. 4 118-120